The Write | Publish | Sell Self-Publishing Academy (SPA) is designed to help you:
- Reduce the OVERWHELM
- Give you GUIDANCE and a PLAN
- LEARN from my years of experience in self-publishing
SPA is for YOU if:
- you're committed to your book project but you just need an ACTION PLAN
- you feel overwhelmed by the publishing and marketing process and just want everything to be SIMPLIFIED
- you want to save thousands of hours in research by going directly to the source
- you desire CLARITY, ACCOUNTABILITY and STRUCTURE for getting your book done
- you've already started outlining, writing or even editing your book!
- you want to learn how to MARKET your own books and sell a lot of copies, or grow your business
- you want SAVE money and still end up with a quality product
- you need help but don't have thousands of dollars to pay someone to do it for you
- you value community and accountability to support you in your writing and publishing journey
What Do You Get When You Join SPA?
- My GUARANTEE that you WILL publish your book (I have a 95% publishing success rate with students)
- The knowledge that I have spent SIX years and THOUSANDS of dollars in training, programs, and more learning - shared with you!
- Monthly Modules broken down into weekly content of focus; each month focuses on 1-2 of the 7 stages of publishing
- Access to my rolodex of experts and freelancers; people already vetted so you don't waste time trying to find the right people
- at least one action session to implement monthly focus (per month)
- weekly office hours/ask ME anything/coworking sessions
- BONUS CONTENT: Trainings on Mindset, Outlining and Successful Kindle Launches, special resources for children's book authors, AND 15% discount on WPS services, publishing packages and 1:1 coaching (excluding WPS courses)
- Pay in full or over six months
The Month by Month
April: Understanding the 7 Stages of Publishing
May: Editing/Endorsements/Final preps before book production
June: Publishing and Production
July: Marketing and PR
August: Distribution and Rights, + Marketing Continues
September: Making money from your book and developing your business strategy
Author Coach and Publisher
About the instructor
Alexa Bigwarfe is a coach to writers, self-published author, blogger, and freelance writer. Alexa's micro publishing company, Kat Biggie Press, has edited, designed, and published 7 of her own books and several books by other authors. In addition to her self-published works, Alexa has has been published in four anthologies; The Mother of All Meltdowns, The HerStories Project, The Clash of the Couples,and Mothering Through the Darkness. Alexa knows what it takes to build a writing career in the middle of real life as she built hers amid screaming children, dirty dishes and piles of laundry. As a freelance writer, she has had more than 30 articles published in regional parenting magazines throughout the U.S. and Canada. She is passionate about helping writers build sustainable businesses with the strokes of their keyboard. She provides self-publishing, course, and author and freelance writer support at Write|Publish|Sell.
Week 1 - introduction and overview, plus, let's write!
The 7 stages of Publishing
Ebook vs print, fiction vs. nonfiction, children's books, memoirs, how to's, etc...
Stage 1: Writing - Writing Your Book - Will anyone Buy My Book? Action Steps and Exercises for Week 1
Sample Nonfiction Book Outline
Sample fiction outline (chapter summary)
Sample Children's book outline
Download This Module
Month 3: Week 1 - What elements are needed for producing your book?
Month 3: Week 2 Other key pieces of your book - PCN, LCCN, Copyright...
Month 3: Week 3 Complying with Industry Standards for the preparation of your book
Month 3: Week 4: Marketing Module: Video - 5 Things You're Missing in Your Book Launch Strategy